Pages

3/7/15

Tracking


I've been waiting.  It has been such a crazy week, no time to deal with the snow and now it holds a sign.

As I approach, I wonder, Are those tracks, pressed into the slush covered drive, wider than the usual?  I've been waiting.  So, to me it looks like they swung wide before heading left up our little hill.  My husband and I don't really do that.

I crest the hill and my eyes quickly scan past the sleeping maple tree and burning bush to the porch, because I have been waiting for this.  Tracks lead right up to the house.

I knew it!  The brown shape stands out light against the dark wood, tracking label shining bright in contrast.  As I approach the steps, My suspicion is correct.  My package is here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! the suspense! And when I'm waiting for a package... this is how I feel... looking for clues to see if it is really here. :)

LibraryDragon/Storykeeper said...

I hope it is a package containing books. Oh yeh this was your package. I'm glad that it was there waiting. The anticipation - you provided clues and allusions.
Great job.

aileenhower said...

You defininitely got my attention there. Fantastic writing. I too love the surprise at the end.